Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Packaging - Protection - PITA!

A nail would work. The majority of cutters I deal with like this are at work
so there is always a scrap of something laying around. Router bits, though,
are frequently more difficult to get the coating off. It's common practice
with the metal guys to dip the cutter in oil before the plastic dip. Makes
it come off easy. A lot of the router bits I've gotten, the stuff sticks
pretty good (to good).

"charlie b" wrote in message
CW wrote:

Use a pointy object made of mild steel, brass, ect. Won't hurt a thing.

Great, now I have to make a tool, out of a metal that's not intended
to hold an edge, in order to get the goop off the the tool that is
intended
to hold an edge so I can use it?

That'd take "Fixin' To . . ." to new heights, or more aptly - depths.

charlie b