Ed Angell

Default Texture spray painting

"EBG" wrote in message
Does anyone know what's involved in spraying a texture finish?

I think it requires a special tip(s)? Or does it take a special gun?

I have a small automotive touch up gun that I use often.....can I get a

tip
for it?

Tried searching the web for some "industrial paint supply" places but no
luck.

THANKS for any help.

Texture guns usually have the cup pressurized so you can feed a very

large amount of paint out of the nozzle and tips that will feed paint with a
minimal amount of atomizing.

If the application is not to picky, you can hook a pressurized garden
sprayer to the fluid inlet of a standard gun, turn the fan control to zero,
cut down the air and get a fairly good spatter texture. You have to
experiment with air pressure to the gun and paint viscosity to get the
spatter size right.

Ed Angell

Ed Angell