Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Putting Nails Into Concrete Walls

said something like:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:14:54 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote:

*In my experience* you should *not* use the ones which look like merely
blue
Philips head screws. Use the ones which have a hex cap on them and use a
socket wrench: the Philips heads are just too hard to keep a Philips bit
or
driver in---the concrete provides too much resistance. Again, IME.

Did you use the TapCon screwdriver bit or just one that seemed to fit.
It does make a difference.

One that fit. If the tapcon is actually one of those philips that can also
take a square-recess, then my comments need to be modified.

--
"It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire."
-Thufir Hawat, Mentat and Master of Assassins to House Atreides