Posted to alt.home.repair
Not@home Not@home is offline

Default Scythed Lawn

wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:

Avoiding the power-mower lawn look is one of the charms.

Could it really be used to "mow" a small lawn?

I'm looking for green alternatives to buying a power
mower

I think a push mower is a much more practical option. It's good for the
grass, and good for the pusher. I think a scythe, should you be able to
find one, would be hard to maneuver around the edges of your lawn and
would produce, at best, a raggedy look that, at least around here, would
have you on a first name basis with the building inspectors.

We had a traditionalist around here who decided he wanted his yard
naturalized, as it would have been had people never come here. After a
lot of complaining and citing and woofing, the city just came out and
mowed his weedpatch for him, and billed him for the service.