Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default I can't believe this!

Two weeks ago, my new a/c condenser stopped running. When the technician
checked the condenser, he found that one of the fuses in the disconnect box
had blown. The circuit breakers did not trip.

He said the clips that hold the fuse did not make good contact with the
fuse. Consequently, the fuse contacts got hot and the fuse blew. He replaced
the fuse and it has been working fine ever since.

How can mere heat in the fuse clips blow a 30 amp fuse? This seems to refute
everything I know about electricity (albeit, not much).

--
Walter
www.rationality.net