Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Richardson Mike Richardson is offline

Default Packaging - Protection - PITA!

Charlie,

Share the frustration, as do we all probably. I worry when I am trying
to peel the sealing goop off router bits, do I slice my finger, or do I
damage the edge by using a knife/pointy object, or do I throw it against the
wall and hope the stuff falls off...

Course if I buy better router bits CMT say, they are not immersed in the
semi solid plastic rubbish.. :-) good excuse for SWMBO.

Mike

Snip

BUT - the SOB who came up with plastic shrink wrap packaging desreves a
good wack up side the head. I know it's real convenient for the store
owner - easy to display, harder to steal etc. . However, from the
buyer/
customer perspective - we shouldn't have to have metal shears to open
the damned packaging to get to the thing we paid for!.

Now, after spending 45 minutes getting that semi gummy clear "dipped
to protect it" crap off a mini-cope & stick /raised panel router bit set
I think I have a new candidate for the Take Him / Her Outside & Give
Him/
Her A Good Wack Up Side The Head Award. Some of this stuff on a dado

Snip