Posted to alt.home.repair
RaS RaS is offline

Default Gluing glass to metal

You might try an auto supply store. Your rear view mirror has a metal piece that is actually glued to your windshield then the
mirror fits over it. The same glue should do the trick for your purpose.

Good luck

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message ...

I have a glass and metal side table -- the top is round and about
15" in diameter, and its support
is a metal disk about 2.5" in diameter. The top was glued onto the support,
and the support was off to the side, so the top was cantilevered a bit.

The glue seal broke, and I want to reglue the glass top to the metal support.
Question: What's the best adhesive to use? It has to dry clear, and bond to both
glass and metal.

Thanks,

Andy Barss

--