Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF SJF is offline

Default Radiant Barrier

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just started looking into radiant barrier for the attic (I live in
Texas!). Has anyone had this installed, does it work and have you
noticed a difference?

Where the heat flow is downward as from a hot roof to a room ceiling below
(mainly by radiation) they can be pretty helpful. Good for hot summer
conditions. In the winter, when heat flow is upward (mainly by convection)
they are questionable.

I once had good results laying kitchen style foil wrap between the rafters
in the attic above a bedroom. The bedtime ceiling temperature was very
noticeably reduced and the room was much more tolerable without air
conditioning.

SJF