Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default Packaging - Protection - PITA!

charlie b wrote:

I understand that when you get a new piece of equiptment that has cast
iron parts, you should figure on spending some time getting the
cosmoline.
or whatever their using as rust protection, off. It's kind of like the
first
steps of getting to know the unit.

BUT - the SOB who came up with plastic shrink wrap packaging desreves a
good wack up side the head. I know it's real convenient for the store
owner - easy to display, harder to steal etc. . However, from the
buyer/
customer perspective - we shouldn't have to have metal shears to open
the damned packaging to get to the thing we paid for!.

LOL! I've always felt there is a special place n Hell reserved for the
designer of that packaging, right next to the individuals who invented
the "easy to remove" stitching on the top of charcoal bags (am I the
only one that is able to put the right string only about 10% of the
time?) and the inventer of old band aid packaging with the string that
occasionally let you rip open the side if the package, but usually
just pulled out of the sleeve.