Posted to alt.home.repair
Howard Howard is offline

Default Replacing a dishwasher - recommendations good/bad?

In one home we had the Whirlpool Gold series--very very quiet, cleaned
well, plastic tub and nothing negative to report in six years.

Before that in another house we had GE Profile--very very quiet,
cleaned well, plastic tub and nothing negative to report in five years.

Whatever you do, spend an extra $200 and get the top of line quiet
model with a delayed start. I have been happy with the plastic tubs,
can't rust, dent, chip, etc and they are inherently more sound
absorbing.

wrote:
I've given up trying to repair my 12 year old dishwasher, and will be
replacing it ASAP. I would like to have stainless steel inside, with a
"regular" (not stainless) outside. Does anyone have any recommendations
for dishwashers they are pleased with? More importantly, are there any
I should avoid? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hilary