Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Kendrick Thomas Kendrick is offline

Default How to put halves of building back together?

Here's my proposal (and I realize that it's more work).

Plan A: Your move strategy divided the structure into thirds (A,B and
C). Section B in the middle was disassembled.
To re-assemble it, first install the whole sections (A and C) together
with no gap in the middle, creating AC (18x18) sharing a common set of
poles between them.
Since section B is in pieces, add the necessary poles on either end
(your choice) to make BAC or ACB. Remove the sidewall material as
needed and re-install it on the outer side of B, then add the roof and
back wall of B to finish.

Plan B: Place poles for section B in the ground first, ensuring that
they are spaced so that the available material will cover that area
(it might be a bit less than 9' wide).
Bring section A in place to connect with the left side of the
installed poles. Bring section C in place to connect with the right
side of the new poles. Cover roof and back wall of area B with
available material.
The resulting structure might not be as straight as you would like and
the overlap may between the 3 sections may be larger than before, but
it wasn't built in place and materials were re-used.

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 05:41:08 -0500, wrote:

Everyone told me I could not move a steel covered pole barn,
particularly without cutting off the poles at ground level. Well, the
barn is now on my property. The barn is 18 ft. wide, and 27 ft. long.
The peak of the roof is about 15 feet, except the poles were in the
ground by 3 ft. So, by the time I jacked it up, got it on a wagon,
and set it on two long beams placed on top of blocks, it sat nearly 20
feet in the air.