Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wall cavity insulation

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
The cavity is filled with fibrous rockwool which is blown in, not a

solid
mass which bungs up every hole!

If it doesn't stop airflow, then it will be a pathetic insulator,
whether
it is made of plastic foam, fibres, newspapers or anything else.

We noticed a difference from Day 1.

I've recommended it to lots of people. We had it done years ago when we

had
to pay more than the cost today even if you don't have a grant. It's

exactly
the same system which is being done today, same company too.

I'm not suggesting that your insulation doesn't work, just that it WILL
block up every hole, or prevent airflow getting to that hole, by
preventing
airflow within the cavity.

I think you're wrong but there's no point in pursuing it.

Mary

Christian.