Carl Byrns

Default Epoxy and machine building....

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:22:46 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Carl, using WEST system resin with a slow hardener for casting is like using
a Ferrari to haul trash to the dump. You can do it, and Meade and Jan would
love you for doing it, but it's not in your best financial interest. g

No doubt. But I have used WEST where I could have used 'something
else' because I trust the stuff.

Speaking of best financial interest, have you ever read their product
catalog? Some of the stuff is way overpriced- gloves, stir sticks,
mixing buckets...
Me, I use latex surgical gloves, craft sticks, and Cool Whip tubs (or
Jello snack-size pudding cups).

At least one that we talked to said it was to wet the stone. I thought it
was to compact the aggregate, actually, but the response was that it was for
wetting.

I'd buy compaction or de-aeration, but not wetting only because that's
what makes epoxy such a good adhesive- it'll stick to damn near
anything.
Also, Gougeon Bros says to be careful not to mix in air.

-Carl