Posted to alt.home.repair

Default persistent dryer squeak

Many driers have two rollers in the back which support the drum. These
are famous for squeaking. Call the same guy back out, and ask him to
dry lube the other two rollers. Real shame he didn't do all them on
the same trip. Maybe if you remind him, he'll give you a break on the
price.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
About six months ago we hired someone to fix the squeak in our dryer,
Frigidaire FDE7977ESO. They replaced front glides, rear bearing, and
lower felt.

Now a squeak has returned, only it's much, much, much louder. It's
ear-splitting. When it's squeaking I can' t be in the same room
without
ear plugs. It seems to be coming from the rear of the drum.

Could the rear bearing be shot already, in six months? Is there
anything else I should check?

The noise occurs once per revolution of the drum.