Posted to alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house
Travis Jordan Travis Jordan is offline

Default Best service strategy for leaking Puron A/C system?

Bubba wrote:
Oh my! You havent been around this business long, have you? I usually
never find the leak there. 95% of the time its in those wonderful
leaky (formicary corroded) evaporator coils.

Where I live the hacks don't remove the cores before they braze in the
lineset, so the valves frequently leak. I agree that formicary
corrosion is the other prevalent cause.

So you are saying you are going to "patch over" a leaking schrader
core with a "good cap" so the next poor fool has to deal with the leak
you should have fixed? Shame on you.

I wasn't suggesting that I do this... only that the OP could use this
solution if their hack doesn't have new cores in their truck. Around
here you'd be surprised how many don't.