Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin Jim McLaughlin is offline

Default What kills weeds but not cats?

Cat urine.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"dgk" wrote in message
I have a lot of clover and crabgrass in my lawn but hesitate to use
nasty chemicals because I let my two cats into my backyard and don't
want them to get hurt. I'm going away for a week, so the cats won't be
going out. Is there anything I can apply before I go that will do in
the bad plants and be gone by the time I let the cats out again?

I read about RoundUp in the Poison Ivy thread and that seems perfect
except for it killing the grass that I'd prefer to keep. I don't want
to come back to a brown dirt garden.

Perhaps next spring I'll spray the whole lawn with RoundUp and plant
grass a few days later? My lawn really is being overtaken by clover.
I've tried lime; the ground has a lot of clay.

Suggestions are welcome.