Posted to alt.home.repair
Mo Mo is offline

Default Recommendation for Tankless/Condensing Boiler?

Heat Man:
I have been unable to find contractors that are familiar with these
units through any other resource than the boiler manufacturers
themselves; and when the manufacturer is feeding the contractor leads,
the contractor has to recommend that brand.

As an aside: The two contractors I spoke with want over $6K in labor to
install a condensing boiler w/ an indirect tank. Does that sound high?
It seems outrageous to me.

HeatMan wrote:
Find a qualified contractor, not one that says, "Yeah, we can do that." Go
with the brand they like. They've most likely had advanced training and
will know any quirks a unit has.