Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofie Sofie is offline

Default Philips/Magnavox TV Schematics

Paul:
The schematics may be of little help unless you first can do some basic
troubleshooting and testing without them. There are NO step by step
troubleshooting procedures and the schematics are only most useful to those
who are experienced in television repair. A dead set due to a power surge
is usually one of the simpler repair scenarios.
Obvious first steps after your visual inspection would be dust off your DMM
and to test the power supply components and look for properly regulated B+,
in addition you should test the HOT to see if it is shorted and test for
other faulty components in that area of the cicuitry.
You may want to go to the website for this newsgroup at
www.repairfaq.org
there, with some of your search time, you will find a weath of repair,
troubleshooting, testing and safety information.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
- - - - - - - - - -

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
I have an inoperative Philips/Magnavox TV set and no schematics. Where
can one go to find/download/purchase schematics and maintenance
documentation?

I think it took a hit a few months back when we had a power outage. One
of the components let all of its smake out, but upon opening the set up,
its not evident which one. Nothing works (not even the pilot LED).

Its a chassis no. 25B800-7562

--
Paul Hovnanian
Tech support: Do you have any windows open right now?