Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller Kevin Miller is offline

Default For whom the lathes turn. Musing about selling wood turnings.

mac davis wrote:

You're a lucky guy, Kevin!

I don't try very hard to sell my stuff yet, mostly friends and referrals, but
looking around the shop at several thousand bucks worth of tools, I don't even
want to figure how many bowls or whatever I'd have to sell to cover that..
assuming that wood and supplies were free, of course.. *g*

I am a lucky guy. But I guess I outta say that I didn't outfit my shop
all at once - I'd got a new toy or two each year for several years
running. Now I have pretty much all the basics except room! ;-)

Of course, there's still room for improvement. I have a 6" Sears
jointer that is worthless as side pockets on a pig. No matter how I
adjust it, the edge comes out concave. Frustrating as all get out. One
of these days I'll upgrade it.

Wouldn't mind upgrading my Nova to a Stubby some day too, but that's a
lot of salad bowls! In the mean time there's fishing gear to buy...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb