Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dark Angel Dark Angel is offline

Default Question about mounting aeriels.

"Adrian" wrote in message...
You probably know about this (apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck
eggs) but it's not quite as simple as just wiring the two aerials
together. If you're trying to get a stronger signal than you need to
combine the signal from the two aerials properly, and the spacing
between the two aerials is also important....

No it's not that, the 2 aeriels are for receiving 2 seperate regions, Yorks
and Central (I'm going to use a filtered combiner before you ask).

Obviously I want to avoid the pole from poking between the elements on the
second aeriel, which is why I was proposing using the bottom bracket on the
side instead of underneath to stand it away from the pole.

The elements won't be between the pole, and by adjusting the U-bolt
accordingly the aerial will still be the right polarity.

--
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)