Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Question about mounting aeriels.

Hi Simon

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:56:22 +0100, "Dark Angel"
wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message...
That method would seriously degrade the reception. You can either mount
them on two completely separate masts, or use a U shaped pole adaptor so
they mount on one mast but side by side.

If I may enquire, how will that effect reception? All I'm doing is using the
bottom bracket as a stand off mast?

If I understand what you're proposing - you'll have the mounting
bracket for the lower aerial in the same plane as the actual elements
of the aerial.

Harry's right, in that this will detune the aerial and cause you all
sorts of problems.

You probably know about this (apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck
eggs) but it's not quite as simple as just wiring the two aerials
together. If you're trying to get a stronger signal than you need to
combine the signal from the two aerials properly, and the spacing
between the two aerials is also important....

Regards
Adrian