Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Substance to remove screen coating and reaply(None DIY but please read)

"ioan_davies" wrote in message
Hello All
This may sound like a silly thing to do but I want to remove the screen
coating on my Mitsubishi monitor and reapply it.(I know this is a none
DIY question but the substance I need is very likely to be used in a
DIY environment.)
The reason being that over time I have cleaned it a little to
vigorously with my fingers etc and I have removed some of the
coating,where I cleaned it,it now looks like it is scratched when the
light is on it(it isn't)only the coating has been
removed where I have cleaned it.So I would like to completely remove it
and reaply.Any ideas what would do a good job without scratching the
glass.I have tried a few bathroom cleaners with no success,but don't
want to try kitchen cleaners as they are usually abrasive.I have also
tried nail polish remover,as the acetone content was suggested to me on
another group I am on and turps and white spirit.The nail polish
remover was the best one,but it is going to take quite a while to do a
good job,the turps and white spirit was to slimy and just left a hard
to get off smear.

Ideas anyone please.

Thanks A Lot
Mike

=============================
Since the nail polish remover has some effect it would be worth getting some
pure acetone. This should work better because it won't have the additives
contained in nail polish remover.

You could also try Isopropyl alcohol (IPA ) which you may have to order from
your chemist.

It might also be worth trying a small area with a sharp razor blade before
cleaning with either acetone or IPA.

Cic.

----
It has removed 78 spam emails to date.