Ken Davey

Default Initial fill of new Propane tank fact or fiction on purge needed

A new tank gets purged - period - at least here in Canada. Purging where I
live consists of a brief crack of the fill valve. Then disconnect and open
the tank to vent to ambiant pressure. Done. No charge.
All portable tanks (20 to 100 Lbs). are filled on a scale. Every time a tank
is filled (here) the attendent checks the date stamp on the tank *and* the
physical condition of said tank.. A tank that had been re-painted, is too
rusty, dented etc. may be refused. Aluminum paint is automatically
rejected!
On a lighter note; What is it about propane that triggers this group?
I think I will call this phenomenon the 'King of the Hill' syndrome.
Regards.
Ken.