Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Sanders Dan Sanders is offline

Default Freezer is fine Fridge is not

So could it be a heater problem or what?

"T Shadow" wrote in message
news
"Dan Sanders" DanSanders@attNO SPAM.net wrote in message
The fridge works after I turn it off and open the doors for a day.

This leads me to think that there is a blockage between the freezer and

the
fridge.

Any thoughts?

"Dan Sanders" DanSanders@attNO SPAM.net wrote in message
I have a Magic Chef fridge w/freezer on top.

Within the last week the fridge stopped cooling, but the freezer works

fine.

I looked for frost, but didn't see any anywhere.

Do you know what could be going on here?

Had a similar problem with an old GE frig. Almost no frost/ice in the
compartment. Took the back panel of the freezer out and spent a couple of
hours with a hair dryer and a knife to get all the ice out. I could see

how
it could take 24 hours or longer just shutting it off. Lot less work if

you
don't have to get it back into service though.