Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Non-mains heating

wrote:
Thanks for the replies. After reading what you say and the links, I
don't think a portable combustion heater would be a good idea.

I note that one website discussing Kerosene heater safety says the
following

"Newer models are manufactured with numerous safety features, but
operator errors such as using gasoline instead of kerosene, failure to
provide adequate ventilation, fuel spills, etc. have resulted in
numerous home fires."

Using gasoline instead of kerosene? Would this sort of thing qualify
for the Darwin award?

Yea, but I have seen it done a few times around here. It is a sad thing
to have happen.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit