Posted to alt.home.repair
peter peter is offline

Default Total house amp/electirc question

wrote in message
On 26 Jul 2006 15:34:15 -0700, "professorpaul"
wrote:

I'm suspecting the pole transformer is not handling the load. I'd
call the electric company and have them do some tests it.
You could also throw a meter across your mains (wires entering the
house), but then you got to sit there and watch it. The power company
usually has a recording meter. I am not sure exactly how they work
but somehow they record the voltages during a period of time. That
sounds like a tool I'd like to own, but I can imagine the price.

You can buy a multi-meter with PC interface for this purpose (add computer).
Radioshack has one for around $70, albeit it has an archaic rs-232 port. I'm
sure there is one with USB somewhere.