Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Non-mains heating

wrote:
I wish to find out what heating solutions there are that don't connect
to the mains electricity or gas supply. Something that could be used
to heat a single room or so. I thought that there were oil burning
heaters, but the ones I find online are generally large "permanent"
heaters. Wood pellet burning stoves seem to need proper installation
and a hearth. Are there any types of heating that are worth looking
at? I would prefer something small and relatively cheap-ish, which
can be plonked down in a carpeted room as a heater.

You are asking a lot. About the only thing I can think of, and would
not want to use myself. would be a kerosene heater. They tend to smell,
have been known to have CO problems and have been responsible for too many
fires to make me happy.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...m.0& MID=9876

--
Joseph Meehan