Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan Travis Jordan is offline

Default Non-mains heating

Travis Jordan wrote:
wrote:
I wish to find out what heating solutions there are that don't
connect to the mains electricity or gas supply. Something that
could be used to heat a single room or so. I thought that there
were oil burning heaters, but the ones I find online are generally
large "permanent" heaters. Wood pellet burning stoves seem to need
proper installation and a hearth. Are there any types of heating
that are worth looking at? I would prefer something small and
relatively cheap-ish, which can be plonked down in a carpeted room
as a heater.

Propane or kerosene heaters are in wide use in the US. Here is one
reputable brand:

http://www.mrheater.com/

I see you are posting from London. Perhaps this will be of use:

http://www.mobilegas.co.uk/mobileheater/index.htm