Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Electrical lube

Bob wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news:AKUxg.40602
Go the a real electric supply house, not a DIY store and get a
double pull double through switch and use that. One flip of the
switch and it is all save.

Not as safe as unplugging it the way he is. Lightning can jump
switches.
A whole house surge protector would be wothwhile.

Bob

I agree he is over doing it, but I was thinking of his safety and a
switch would be both more convenient and less likely to cause some sort of
problem itself than what the OP is suggesting.

BTW I live in an area where lightning is common and I believe that this
is overkill. The OP would be far better off by using a whole house system
and if he really wants to a point source surge protector as well.

I would suggest that if a lightning hit is going to jump the switch, he
is likely going to find that the house may be burned down by the time he
gets home anyway. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit