Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan Travis Jordan is offline

Default Question about Operation of Trane XR-11 A/C Unit

Kathy wrote:
what about if I have a variable speed blower that ramps up an down?
Supposedly it runs longer than the outside unit but I haven't really
noticed.

It depends on how the VS furnance / air handler is configured. Most
have options that allow the blower to ramp up / down and even stay on
for a minute or two once the condenser has shut off. Note that the OP
said "I noticed that the fan outside does not turn when I turn the A/C
on" - this is not normal operation for any configuration.