Marv Soloff

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

My error. HUAC and the Army McCarthy hearings were separate (or so they
say).

Regards,

Marv

James B. Millard wrote:
Marv Soloff wrote:

Still, with the amount of bombast, steam, farting, etc the Committee
generated, McCarthy accomplished virtually nothing. In fact, the

I'm confused. What "committee" are you talking about? The "House
Un-American Activities Committee"? If so, what did SENATOR Joe McCarthy
have to do with a HOUSE committee? McCarthy (right or wrong I'm not
debating) was talking about communist spies working for the government. The
HUAC was looking for spies in Hollywood, subversive films, etc. [There is
some evidence to show that one member was communist, from New York as I
remember.]

Somebody please correct me, but I don't remember too many senators sitting
on house committees.

Brad