Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default black & decker blender turns itself on!?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:29:35 -0500, "Shindy"
wrote:

It's just a couple/few months old, the kind where all the buttons are under
a seal so no liquid can get down in them. There's no jar thingy on it right
now, but it's been spinning itself up every so often, just starting this
afternoon. Like someone was hitting the 'pulse' button. At first I thought
the kids were messing around with it. After I ruled that out I thought maybe
it might've been stuck between settings or something, so I went through all
the buttons hitting 'off' after each one. But then a few minutes later, it
then started revving --3 short bursts, then shut itself off again. Needless
to it's now unplugged. I could just see someone forgetting to unplug the
thing & then remove the lid only to have a blast of smoothie suddenly shoot
up in their face. :-o

My a/c has been dead for 2 days, could that be affecting it? Not really that
hot here today though, 87°F and 55% humidity. I'm actually more worried
about what it's doing to my pc, but this blender thing is just weird.

I used to date a woman that turned herself on

Since it's a B&D, nothing surprises me. I did not even know that B&D
made blenders, but if it's anything like their latest tools, it's
junk.
B&D used to make fairly decent low end tools, but the stuff they've
made in the last 5 to 10 years is complete garbage.

As for the cause, there is probably a defect in a switch, and if it's
arcing, it could be a fire hazzard.

I'd just take it back and get a refund to use to buy another brand.