Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default Total house amp/electirc question

On 26 Jul 2006 15:34:15 -0700, "professorpaul"
wrote:

Some years back, I had this problem. The local electric company
(central NJ) nicely put a recording volt meter on my line. They
re-routed me to a different transformer. There was building in the
area, and additional houses made a difference. I was out at the end of
the drop. No cost to me, and simple answer.

I'm suspecting the pole transformer is not handling the load. I'd
call the electric company and have them do some tests it.
You could also throw a meter across your mains (wires entering the
house), but then you got to sit there and watch it. The power company
usually has a recording meter. I am not sure exactly how they work
but somehow they record the voltages during a period of time. That
sounds like a tool I'd like to own, but I can imagine the price.

Mark