Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default black & decker blender turns itself on!?

"Shindy" wrote in :

It's just a couple/few months old, the kind where all the buttons are
under a seal so no liquid can get down in them. There's no jar thingy
on it right now, but it's been spinning itself up every so often, just
starting this afternoon. Like someone was hitting the 'pulse' button.
At first I thought the kids were messing around with it. After I ruled
that out I thought maybe it might've been stuck between settings or
something, so I went through all the buttons hitting 'off' after each
one. But then a few minutes later, it then started revving --3 short
bursts, then shut itself off again. Needless to it's now unplugged. I
could just see someone forgetting to unplug the thing & then remove
the lid only to have a blast of smoothie suddenly shoot up in their
face. :-o

My a/c has been dead for 2 days, could that be affecting it? Not
really that hot here today though, 87°F and 55% humidity. I'm actually
more worried about what it's doing to my pc, but this blender thing is
just weird.

Don't they have dirt pits where you are where people bring appliances and
shoot them up?

This would be a fine specimen to wing around overhed by the cord and let
fly in the air for a bud with a shotgun. Redneck skeet shootin' it is.