Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob (but not THAT Bob) Bob (but not THAT Bob) is offline

Default how to check & refill refrigerant?

2006Summer wrote:

Don't know how cold it gets.

We set the home temp to 78F and it often takes around 20 minutes to cold
down 1F (rough estimate).

Is there common sense to check if the AC unit needs services.
Services calls are too expensive here in Silicon Valley. I just want to know
if there is any kind of basic maintanence I can do myself.

That's why you turn the central AC on in the spring and leave it on
until fall - it doesn't initially cool the house down very fast.