Posted to alt.home.repair

Default black & decker blender turns itself on!?

"Shindy" wrote in message
It's just a couple/few months old, the kind where all the buttons are
under a seal so no liquid can get down in them. There's no jar thingy on
it right now, but it's been spinning itself up every so often, just
starting this afternoon. Like someone was hitting the 'pulse' button. At
first I thought the kids were messing around with it. After I ruled that
out I thought maybe it might've been stuck between settings or something,
so I went through all the buttons hitting 'off' after each one. But then a
few minutes later, it then started revving --3 short bursts, then shut
itself off again. Needless to it's now unplugged. I could just see someone
forgetting to unplug the thing & then remove the lid only to have a blast
of smoothie suddenly shoot up in their face. :-o

At a few months old it is still under warranty. Contact B & D as it is a
dangerous problem.

But no, the heat should not have any affect at all for another 80 degrees or
so.