Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] timbirr@mailcity.com is offline

Default Electrical lube

Charlie Bress wrote:
Here's a different electrical question.

On my computer desk I have a table-top power distribution box that lets me
plug all the computer stuff into one central place.

The problem: It has become increasingly difficult to mate or open these
connectors. They have been in this use for more than five years.

The male ends do not show any signs of distortion.

Is there an appropriate lubricant?

Vaseline is a common rec. But what I might consider if I were you is
trying to vacuum out the connections and then using an electrical
contact cleaner. Widely available in little spray cans for about $4 at
hardware/auto parts stores.