Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon George E. Cawthon is offline

Default Non-combustible Vegetation near a Water Tank?

Scott Townsend wrote:
The Fire Safe Standards say that I can have Non-combustible Vegetation near
a Water Tank... Does anyone have recommendations on what kind of
Non-combustible Vegetation I can plant infront of a 8'Hx12'dia Tank thats
smack in the middle of the front yard? We wanted hide it behind a hedge or
2.

Thank you,

Scott-

Think you need to get a definition of
"non-combustible vegetation" from the Fire
Standards. Don't have a clue what vegetation
would not burn.

That said, I would plant a fast growing vine that
will climb a trellis or wire fence. It would take
about 2 years to fully hide the tank and then you
would need to trim it once or twice each season.