Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown PipeDown is offline

Default Non-combustible Vegetation near a Water Tank?

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
y.com...
The Fire Safe Standards say that I can have Non-combustible Vegetation
near a Water Tank... Does anyone have recommendations on what kind of
Non-combustible Vegetation I can plant infront of a 8'Hx12'dia Tank thats
smack in the middle of the front yard? We wanted hide it behind a hedge or
2.

Thank you,

Scott-

Just about all living plants are combustible but many Fake plants are not.
Maybe you can get one from Hollywood. Even a well watered plant can combust
in a very hot fire. While a few burning shrubs may not harm the tank, it
will prevent access to anyone wanting to fill or draw water or access a
valve during a fire.

Does the rule also exclude combustible structures such as one made of wood.
An arbor might spruce up the look.

BTW, does anyone know the precise difference between a Combustible and a
Flammable substance?