Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default Central Air Struggling

m Ransley wrote
It could be low on freon or your coil could be dirty, it worked last
year you say, I would call a pro. Can you get to see your air handler
coil I would start there. You say your attic is insulated, but to what
standard or R value, accepted codes are outdated with presint energy
prices.

And ... insulation is (relatively) useless without good sealing. Else
it just adds a bit of turbulence to the flow-through. Potential inlets
and outlets should all be sealed. Around doors is where I'd look first;
note that near a low point of the house with cooled interior, the flow
might be out.