Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default laptop fan

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
ian field wrote:

"Mark Fortune" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
"kell" wrote in message
oups.com...

mc wrote:

"kell" wrote in message
egroups.com...

It hasn't gone kablooie yet, but the fan in my Toshiba Satellite
A15-S129 has started making a buzzing noise. Before it goes, I'd
like
to know, can I buy this part, and how hard is it to replace?

I would suggest cleaning the dust off it with a vacuum cleaner and/or
can
of compressed gas, and maybe lubricating it if you can get a drop of
oil
into it.

Ounce of prevention. Works for me!

Some fans have a rubber bung hidden under the label, you can peel the
label and pry out the bung to drip a few spots of oil into the
bearing.
Or I know one tec who uses a syringe straight through the label and
bung - apparently neat Slick 50 works very well!

i've noticed maplin have started selling lubricant in a heroin-junkie
style needle now. I imagine its useful for lubing fans.

Mark

.....................and killing off junkies!!!

They would have a lot of trouble with a blunt needle. I had to buy
some real needles and medical syringes when I need to poke a hole into a
part. I use a whetstone to blunt the tips of needles I use for flux and
grease.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

From watching the cop shows on TV and seeing how wary the cops are of
searching suspected junkies who are very likely to have well used sharps
rattling about in their pockets along with their loose change, penknife,
knuckle duster, etc - Maplins oil syringes are probably sharper than the
rusty objects the junkies share with the bum chums!!!