No-one

Default BT socket with older style wiring?

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 05:30:03 +0100, wrote:

If you're wondering why I wanted the master socket upstairs, it's for
safety. If there's a fire downstairs during the night or a break in, I
don't want to find the phone disconnected when I need it the most.
I've run an extension downstairs.

A number of years ago I laughed at a colleague who wanted the master
upstairs for just such a reason. I found myself apologising to him
when I read, within a week of our conversation, of a burglary where
the telephone lines had been cut in just such a manner at ground level
where it entered the house.