lane

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.net...
"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:11:40 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

I don't think so. Your emotional tirades against liberals have such a

deep
and biting sarcasm and dismissiveness to them that it's hard to

imagine
that
they're merely "defenses" for your position. On the other hand, any

such
demonizing usually is a defense of some kind, with shrillness

calibrated to
compensate for the weakness of one's own position.

Interesting bit of psycho babble. Fatally flawed..but interesting
Frankly Ed..I dont like Liberals because of what they have done to my
country, or what their agendas are.

Frankly, Gunner, I don't think you would recognize most argumentive flaws.
There is no flaw in what I said above. Your tirades, such as the silly sig
you're using now, are indeed dismissive and irredeemably sarcastic and
biting. You're so blinded by your emotional distress that you've

thoroughly
demonized anyone who you regard as leftist.

That isn't the behavior of a "reasonable, logical" person, such as you

claim
to be. That's the behavior of someone so frustrated that he's half-blind
with rage.

As for what liberals have done to your country, they protected for you

free
speech, the right to a fair trial uncoerced by police and prosecutors, the
right to vote, and a few other things that the conservatives of their day
would have denied you.

"Your country," which also is my country, and that of everyone else who
lives here, has been shaped by ideas from both sides of the political
spectrum. You and I and everyone else here has benefitted from the debate
and synthesis of ideas, not from the program of one side or the other. The

history of it is unequivocal.

Ed Huntress

Let me preface the following first by saying that I will not usually get
involved with political discussions. In my experience it is like trying to
knock over a brick wall with a toothpick, in that it is a total waste of
time & effort.

But I have to say that Ed’s post (see above) rang bells in my head load and
clear. Thank you Ed!

Ed I agree with you 100%. Anyone who is 100% left or right scares the hell
out of me. This country is a melting pot, people and politics. Sorry Gunner,
I have to agree with Ed, you might be a "nice" guy, but your political
rantings scare me, and I'm a conservative Republican. You are a political
zealot, and like religious zealots that have a myopic view of things where
everything to them is either black or white, you refuse to see the world as
a million shades of gray and color.

BTW you’ll catch more bees with honey, than vinegar.

Lane