Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop Pop is offline

Default Hayard Inground Pool Pump Runs but No Pressure

In ps.com,
typed:
Thanks for all the info folks. I had the pool guy come out
this
morning. Turns out the impeller is broken. The bad news is
that the
pump is attached to the housing with four bolts and one of
those bolts
just spins. Meaning that the threaded insert in the housing is
junk.
The pool is 20-yrs old and I don't know how old this pump is so
I am
getting a new pump & housing assembly and keeping everything
else as
spare parts.
Thanks again for your input.

That was the right thing to do IMO, and at 20 years it's probably
the second or third pump if all went normally so it's likely time
for another motor at least if you're north, for sure if you're
south. BTW, it's HayWard, not Hayard. One thing though:

The bolts that fasten the pump to the impeller part (motor) are
not threaded in Haywards: They are, in my experience, bolts with
a nut on the other side. So I wonder if you misunderstood
something, or ... .

Pop`