Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] harkless_3@hotmail.com is offline

Default self leveler from home depot installed on gypsum sub-floor now cracking

I live in a one year old new construction condo in arlington virginia.
It is a wood framed building. I have purchased 600 sq. ft. of
16x16x1/2inch limestone to install throughout. I found a gypsum based
floor beneath my carpet and it had dips in it. Builder came in and put
rapid set self-leveler from home depot down to help level it. I read
the bag and called the company who makes the leveler because it says
not to be installed over gypsum floors. Whole thing is cracking now and
seems to be cracking the gypsum floor beneath which was pristine
before. I am highly worried about the structure of my floor. Should it
be removed, left? should I install floating membrane for tile? Should i
be worried about serious damage? Andy