Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Multiple Conduits in Trench - Power, Water, Septic?

I spoke with one of the Plan Check Engineers and they said that all was
okay.

Electric on the Bottom, Septic and Water on the top. Made sure he knew it
was an 8" wide Trench.

Thanks again.

"DanG" wrote in message
Many inspectors will not allow potable water and sanitary in the same
ditch or may require a minimum horizontal separation distance often with a
vertical separation with the potable on an undisturbed ledge. AHJ always
wins. I don't think any will allow placing them all in a trencher ditch,
2 foot or more backhoe bucket would be more normal.

______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
.com...
We are in the Process of putting in a new Septic Tank and we have an 8"
trench from the house to the Tank, then to the Leachfield.

The Tank needs to pump the effluent to the leachfield, so I'll need power
for the Pump and Of Course I have the 4" ABS Sewer pipe.

While we have the Trench there I wanted to put in a Irrigation Tank in
the Back 40 while its all open. It would need a 1.25' Water Supply and
the Power and Control Lines for it.

So in the one trench form the house to the tank I'd have:
4" ABS
High-voltage For the Irrigation Pump
High-voltage For the Sump Effluent Pump
Low Voltage for the Irrigation Tank Water Levels
1.25" Water Supply for the Tank.

The Trench is 3' Deep and I only need 2' to get my Drop for the Sewer
line to the Tank.

So my Questions a

Can and Should I put all of the above conduits in the Same Trench?
What Order should I put them? Seems like the Electricity should be the
one on the bottom, High Voltage, Low Voltage, Sewer, then water.

Thanks,
Scott-