Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bamboo@localnet.com is offline

Default Any tricks for One-Man Toilet Replacing?

Use a gob of flange wax to hold the bolts upright.
wrote:
So I changed the wax ring on a toilet that overflowed. Did a real nice
clean-up job. Trying to position a toilet over the bolts by yourself
is like trying to (pardon the vulgarism) pop a zit on your back. I
tried using duct tape to position the bolts straight, so I could plop
the toilet over them. Didn't work. I ended up bending one of the
bolts, and now I can't get the nut/washer combo to secure the terlet to
the floor tightly.

Does anyone have any trick on how to replace toilets if you're working
alone?

Thanks, always.