Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default For whom the lathes turn. Musing about selling wood turnings.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:57:28 -0400, "Tom Nie" wrote:

sure. Also sell thru a few shops and galleries and really have no feel
for who might have purchased things there, but no shop owner ever
indicated that there had been a lot of sales to other craft persons.
My total sales by whatever routes are probably 1100 to 1200 pieces

Kip,
Do you have a predominant design, i.e. bowls, hollow forms, utensils,
candlesticks? Local or exotic woods? I need to decide what I'm going to
sell.
Thanks
TomNie

Tom... sorry if this offends, but IMHO, you don't concentrate on what will
sell... you do your best work on what you do well and see what moves in your
market...

You're never going to get your equipment investment back, so enjoy your hobby
and see what folks will buy....

Again, this is just MY opinion, but if you're going to learn to make what sells,
you might as well send one to chi-wan and have them make a few thousand for
you... YMWV

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis