Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce Hall Bruce Hall is offline

Default Acrylic bath scuff-marks

We've just had a new Armitage Shanks "Ascania" acrylic bath installed.
A couple of days after the plumber left on holiday, we noticed some
silicon seal smears and some scuffing along one edge, which he somehow
omitted to mention.

A-S Customer Services recommended using liquid Brasso and a fine grade
wet-or-dry paper in a circular motion to remove the smears and scuffs,
then wash off and buff dry to a shine with a soft cloth. We tried this,
but the area is now scored with circular w-or-d score-marks and is dull
(as I would have expected). I reported this to A-S who advised me to
continue the Brasso and wet-or-dry treatment. Eventually, they say, the
full gloss shine will be restored and the marks removed.

From my angle, it would seem that any more treatment from me will

result in a huge dull patch on the edge of the bath.

Has anyone any experience of removing scuff-marks on an acrylic bath?
Is Armitage Shanks' advice righ,t or will I just dig myself deeper into
a hole?

Maybe I'm not using enough elbow grease!

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Bruce.