Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components
JW JW is offline

Default INA118UB instrumentation amp woes

Hello,

Has anyone seen any lot problems with BB/TI INA118UB instrumentation amps?
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ina118.html

We've just received 100 of these devices that we use on the front end of a
A/D and they all appear to be bad. They are marked INA118UB with lot code
0425. We run them from +5VDC power supply, and regardless of their input,
their output is pegged at 4.2VDC. It occurred to me that these could be
forgeries.

Also, they were purchased from Part Miner and it's beginning to look like
they may be putting up a fight with regards to our returning them - has
anyone had problems with this sort of thing with them?

Thanks.